26 January 2011

Do The Hustle

  After listening to many of my college educated, highly skilled, and super talented friends talk about difficulty finding a job, and then recently having the experience of being offered a job that was later rescinded, I've come to the conclusion that, we are living in a new era. This generation is going to have to get use to learning to hustle; being a go-get-it, self-starting, free-lancing, on-the-grind hustler. The old world of job applications and interviews is never coming back, so let's accept it, and move on. Now is the time, to take that, "I wish I could be/do...", and BE and DO IT! You've been waiting for, "one day" or the "right time" well guess what, it has arrived. Hope you're ready, and if you're not, oh well, you're already behind so, catch up.

As a mother, I'm feeling the pressure to make sure that my son has the know how to be able to turn his talents into a viable career for himself on his own terms. I'm working hard to eliminate, "I can't" from his vocabulary. If I don't, his future will be bleak and he'll have me to blame. Granted, my son is only 5, but there is no guarantee that a job will be waiting for him and a college degree means nothing these days so I'm not even going to bother saving for it for him. Nah, I'd rather save up to send him to Peak Potentials school, than to university...and that's speaking from experience.

Bottom line, get on your grind, whatever industry you're in or want to be in, find a way to employ yourself now before the lay off notices arrives, because you can bet your 401K, it's coming. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment